Larger Than Life Plus Size consignment in Dallas, TX! Those gently-used garments in the back of your closet (as well as jewelry and accessories) could become someone else’s treasures — and bring you extra money! We accept day and evening wear, suits and coordinates, robes and nightwear, lingerie, shoes (new or new-looking), accessories such as jewelry, belts, hats and scarves.
What we look for, seasonally:
- Spring (Jan-Mar): pastels, short sleeves, lighter fabrics
- Prom, Mother of the Bride, evening wear
- Summer (April-June): Bright colors, tanks tees, shorts capris
- Fall (July-Sept): darker colors, heavier fabrics, long sleeves
- Holidays (Oct-Dec): party frocks, Christmas themes, dressy jewelry
- Winter (Oct-Dec): wool, coats, jackets, sweaters, leather, boots
Welcome! We’re pleased to have you as part of our family! Here are our consignment policies.
Consignments are by appointment only. Please call us at (214) 342-8550.
Consignors will guarantee all items are the property of the consignor.
One Consignment allowed at a time.
Condition of Items: Larger Than Life strives to offer our customers quality merchandise. To make us both winners, we ask your cooperation in following our guidelines and inspect your clothing very well.
Duration is for 60 days (8 weeks)
Reclaiming Unsold Items: ****Please call 2 business days before expiration date.**** If you want your items back.
Payment: You will receive 45% of the selling price.
Please go through the tabs below for more defined answers.
Thank you for consigning with LARGER THAN LIFE.
Consigning is more than just earning money, it is way to continue the circle of sisterhood, CURVY sisterhood.
- Dry-clean or launder and press your garments so that they are absolutely fresh. PLEASE NOTE: Any clothing smelling musty, or of smoke or moth balls cannot be accepted. If we decide to keep and sell the clothing, we will have it cleaned and pressed, which will be deducted from your account.
- PLEASE NOTE: Items with pet hair are automatically refused.
- Make any minor repairs (taking up a loose hem, replacing buttons, etc.)
- All clothing must be on hangers.
- All items should be season appropriate. We will inform you as to what season we are currently receiving.
- Jewelry must clean, and if a watch needs a battery we will replace it and deduct the cost from your account.
- Please be sure that shoes are clean, no dirt on treads. Empty out purses and handbags completely.
- We reserve the right to split up a suit or only take part of a set.
- Items not consigned: Items found to have defects after initial inspection will be given to charity. So check your items carefully.
[/tab_3] [tab_4] We’ll set the sales price, based on our understanding of the original retail price and the item’s desirability for resale. Up to $2 per item will be charged to cover the cost of handling and ticketing. Pricing and mark-downs are at the discretion of our pricing experts. We reserve the right to have sales, reduce prices, or take items off our floor at any time. We mark-down items every 30 days. Buyer Surcharge: To be paid by Buyer, to cover the cost of handling and ticketing. This in lieu of charging you a ownership fee or processing fee and is added into the price of item.[/tab_4] [tab_5] We will display your items for 8 weeks on the sales floor, and you agree to leave things for the full period. [/tab_5] [tab_6] Most consignors do not want their items back at end of consignment period. If you do – You can pull your unsold items for free, using the list we provide. Or if you choose, we can pull your items and have them ready for you to pick-up. There is a sliding scale depending on how many items remain. This fee will be deducted from your account. Any items not picked up within 5 days of end of consignment become property of the boutique, can be donated or re-listed as store property . [/tab_6] [tab_7] Payment: You’ll receive 45% of the selling price. Store credit only is available for those ladies that want their monies kept for them to shop here. Consignment checks are cut every two months (at the beginning of February, April, June, August, October and December) for cumulative balance of $25.00 or more. Consignors may pick checks up during that 1st week or they will be mailed the 2nd week. There is a $1 check process fee deduction. For earnings less than $25, you can come by the store and spend it at any time or be paid out of cash drawer.