L arger Than Life Plus Size consignment in Dallas, TX! Those gently-used garments in the back of your closet (as well as jewelry and accessories) could become someone else’s treasures — and bring you extra money!
We accept day and evening wear, suits and coordinates, robes and nightwear, lingerie, shoes (new or new-looking), handbags, accessories such as jewelry, belts, hats and scarves.
What we look for, seasonally:
- Spring (Jan-Mar): pastels, short sleeves, lighter fabrics
- Prom, Mother of the Bride, evening wear
- Summer (April-June): Bright colors, tanks tees, shorts capris
- Fall (July-Sept): darker colors, heavier fabrics, long sleeves
- Holidays (Oct-Dec): party frocks, Christmas themes, dressy jewelry
- Winter (Oct-Dec): wool, coats, jackets, sweaters, leather, boots
Consignments are by appointment only. Please call us at (214) 342-8550 and we’ll set up a time. Consignments are scheduled between Mondays and Saturdays, 10:30-1:30. You can pick up items we choose not to consign – our “no thank-you’s” (highlighted in pink on your inventory) – without any notice to us. They’re already be in the back with your name on them.
If you would like your items returned to you at the end of the consignment period, please call 2 days prior to your expiration date. You can pull them for free – since you know what your clorthes look like, or we can pull them for you and have them all ready to go for you. Pull fee for 1-25 items = $5. Pull fee for more than 25 items = $10.
PREPARING YOUR GARMENTS
Larger Than Life strives to offer our customers quality merchandise. To make us both winners, we ask your cooperation in inspecting and preparing your garments in the following ways:
- Your first consignment must be 10 or more items; there is a 30-item maximum on all consignments.
- Dry-clean or launder and press your garments so that they are absolutely fresh. PLEASE NOTE – Any clothing smelling musty, or of smoke or moth balls cannot be accepted.
- Make any minor repairs (taking up a loose hem, replacing buttons, etc.)
- To avoid wrinkles, please place all clothing on hangers.
- All items should be appropriate to the current season:
- Spring/Summer – Jan, Feb, Mar, Apr, May, Jun, Jul, Aug
- Fall/Winter – Aug, Sep, Oct, Nov, Dec, Jan
- Our customers prefer that we offer clothing that is no more than 2 or 3 years old. Please, no 60’s, 70’s or 80’s golden oldies — even if never worn! Fabrics and colors, not just styles, can become dated very quickly. We don’t carry vintage, wedding, or maternity wear.
AFTER YOU CONSIGN
Consignments will remain on the sales floor for 8 weeks, with two markdowns during that period. Consignors receive 45% of the sales price. Consignors can shop with the monies owed to them at any time during business hours; or, checks over $25 are mailed every other month (at the beginning of February, April, June, August, October and December). We offer in-store credit only for those ladies that do not want a check mailed – so that they have monies available when they come in to shop. There is a $1 fee to process a check. We pledge to do our best to safeguard your items, but we are not responsible for damage or loss.
Consignments are accepted by appointment only.
Clothes and accessories in good condition, styles within last 2 years, current season. You own the items offered for sale.
Freshly cleaned (laundered or dry cleaned, no stains or visible mending), pressed and on hangers. No lingering odors like smoke or moth balls. If necessary, we may clean, press or repair items we decide to keep, and deduct the cost from your payments. We reserve the right to consign only the undamaged part of a set or suit, if necessary.
We’ll set the sales price, based on our understanding of the original retail price and the item’s desirability for resale. Up to $2 per item will be charged to cover the cost of handling and ticketing. This is added in the price tag (on top of the “original price” listed on your inventory printout) and paid by the buyer.
We will display your items for 8 weeks on the sales floor, and you agree to leave things for the full period. Everything gets marked down twice during that time, and may be marked down even further at the end of the season or for special sales or coupons.
You don’t have to pickup expired or unconsigned items if you don’t want them back. Any items left after the pickup date become our property.
Initial Pickup (Items Originally Left But Not Consigned): If you left items with us that we find we’re not able to consign, the number of items will be highlighted in pink near the bottom of your inventory with their pickup date, which is 10 days from the day we processed your items. You can pick up items we chose not to consign [highlighted in pink on your inventory] without any notice to us. They’re already in the back with your name on them.
Your consignment’s expiration date will be highlighted in yellow on the bottom of the original inventory list that we mail to you. It is the only notice you’ll get of the expiration date, so put it on your calendar! Please call 2 business days before your consignment’s expiration date [highlighted in yellow on your inventory] so we can pull your items. If you don’t pickup your “no thank-you’s” within ten days of the end of your consignment, they become the property of the boutique.
You’ll receive 45% of the selling price. You are welcome to pickup your earnings anytime in cash at the shop, or, we send out checks (for amounts owed over $25) every 2 months, at the beginning of February, April, June, August, October and December. There is a $1 fee to process a check. We pledge to do our best to safeguard your items, but we are not responsible for damage or loss.
We look forward to a long and mutually profitable association with you. After all, we couldn’t do it without you – our partner in consigning!